|© ERIC MICHEL MINISTRY OF CANADA
Copyright 1987- Present Day Eric Michel Ministries International.
all rights reserved. No part of this may be reproduced or utilized in any
form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including
photocopying, recording, or by any information storage
and retrieval system without permission in writing from the author.
We strive to respond to all messages in the next 7 business day.
If you do not receive a response within this time, please check your
email’s spam folder, since some email providers will incorrectly sort
your email. Marking our domains eric-michel.org as safe senders will help
prevent our emails from being flagged as spam.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ottawa is the capital city of Canada. It stands on the south bank of the Ottawa River in the eastern portion of southern Ontario. Ottawa
borders Gatineau, Quebec; the two form the core of the Ottawa–Gatineau census metropolitan area (CMA) and the National Capital
Region (NCR). As of 2016 Ottawa has a city population of 934,243 and a metropolitan population of 1,323,783 making it the fourth-
largest city and the fifth-largest CMA in Canada.
Founded in 1826 as Bytown, and incorporated as "Ottawa" in 1855, the city has evolved into the political and technological centre of
Canada. Its original boundaries were expanded through numerous annexations and were ultimately replaced by a new city
incorporation and amalgamation in 2001 which significantly increased its land area. The city name "Ottawa" was chosen in reference
to the Ottawa River, the name of which is derived from the Algonquin Odawa, meaning "to trade".
Ottawa is the most educated city in Canada and is home to a number of post-secondary, research, and cultural institutions, including
the National Arts Centre, the National Gallery, and numerous national museums. Ottawa has the highest standard of living in the nation
and low unemployment. It ranked 2nd nationally, 24th worldwide in the quality of life index and is consistently rated the best place to
live in Canada.
Archdiocese of Ottawa
- Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter
- Roman Catholic Military Ordinariate of Canada
Canonically irregular groups
- Society of St Pius X Ottawa Mission, meeting at
the Holy Ghost Portuguese Community Centre
- Christian Science
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, designed by
John Pritchard MacLaren 1913-14.
- Gnostic Catholic Apostolic Church (EGCA)
- Gnostic Church of Ottawa-Gatineau
- Canadian Forces Support Unit Ottawa
- Eastern Orthodox
- Patriarchate of Constantinople
- Greek Orthodox Church
- Dormition of the Theotokos
- Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch
- Orthodox Church in America
- Romanian Orthodox Church[
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia
- Serbian Orthodox Church
- St. Stefan - Serbian Orthodox Church (Ottawa)
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church
- Oriental Orthodox
- Coptic Orthodox Church
- Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church
- First Sunday of the month Baptist Services
- Second Sunday of the month Baptist Services
- Third Sunday of the month Baptist Services
- Fourth Sunday of the month United Methodist Services
See Events Page