By faith alone when the only occurrence of ‘faith alone’ in the Bible (James 2:24)
says that salvation is not by faith alone"
- Was not the righteousness of Abraham our father judged by his
works, when he made an offering of Isaac his son on the altar?
- You see that his faith was helping his works and was made
complete by them;
- And the holy Writings were put into effect which said, And
Abraham had faith in God and it was put to his account as
righteousness; and he was named the friend of God.
- You see that a man's righteousness is judged by his works and
not by his faith only.
- And in the same way, was not the righteousness of Rahab, the
loose woman, judged by her works, when she took into her house
those who were sent and let them go out by another way?
- For as the body without the spirit is dead even so faith without
works is dead.
St. James the Less by Angelo de' Rossi.
Nave of the Basilica of St. John Lateran (Rome).
By Jastrow 7 September 2006
licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Generic
|A: 251 Laurier Ave W. Suite 900, Ottawa. Ontario. K1P 5J6 T: 613.317.1945 / 613.915.5129 E: email@example.com
Liturgical Calendar of Eric Michel Ministries Int'l is fixed according to biblical life of Jesus, the believers are led in this special
arrangement of liturgical seasons. They are:
Advent, Nativity of Christ (Christmas), Lent, Resurrection of Christ (Easter), Thanksgiving